Children will learn about the passage of time using traditional adult activities presented in a child-friendly manner. As part of the traditional celebration, the Museum will host a countdown with Father Time, complete with a balloon drop at the strike of noon. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Father Time will lead guests in a dance party full of fun and swinging music.
Activities include time to:
• Make New Year’s hats out of recycled materials to wear as you celebrate the new year
• Pose in the Museum’s New Year’s photo booth while you show off your party hat
• Play a New Year’s trivia game testing your knowledge of New Year’s traditions and history
• Participate in family challenges like Minute to Win It as you race against the clock
• Enjoy a special New Year’s Eve story time
• Create a time capsule to remember 2016
• Write your resolutions for 2017 on Resolution Wall
• Decorate a cookie like a clock face with Rivertownes PA, USA and enjoy it as a snack afterward
• Accessorize with glitter tattoos and face painting by Mimzy’s Face Painting
Joining in the celebration will also be a mob of mascots including Turkey Hill’s “Hilda”, Herr’s “Chipper”, and Columbia Fire Co.’s “Sparky” with his fire truck!
Media sponsor for New Year’s Eve at Noon is WJTL FM 90.3.
December 31, 2016
Add to Calendar
New Year's at Noon
Children will learn about the passage of time using traditional adult activities presented in a child-friendly manner. As part of the traditional... More info at www.susquehannalife.com/events/104596/new-years-at-noon
The National Watch & Clock Museum 514 Poplar STreet , Columbia, PA 17512