Upcoming Bald Eagle Mountain Bike Association Rides
Mar 11, 2020 08:37PM
Wednesday Night Rides (WNR) - The WNR has been happening at R.B. Winter years before BEMBA ever existed. Although this is technically not a BEMBA organized event, we have often attended. R.B. Winter State Park back parking lot (behind the beach) Wednesday nights at 5:30 pm year-round. This ride almost always has someone there that knows a great loop. Most rides last about 2-2.5 hours. Bring lights in the fall and winter. There is no signup for this ride. Some nights, maybe a couple riders, other nights there can be over a dozen or more!
Sunday Rides - As you make BEMBA connections, members email and text each other about meeting for informal rides throughout the year.
Common Meeting places with a lot of access to many trails
- R.B. Winter State Park back parking lot
- the top of Cooper Mill Road just off of PA Rt. 192 at the crossroads
- McCall Dam State Park parking lot
- commonly known as the “Shale Pit” - near the corner of McCall Dam Road and Black Gap Road
- campground on PA Rt. 447 near the Hough Mt. and Hall Trails
- the bottom and/or top of Mile Run Road at the crossroads - north side of the I-80 Exit for Mile Run
- crossroads of Cooper Mill Road and White Deer Creek Road
- Sand Bridge State Park - along PA Rt. 192
Special Events and group rides throughout the year with multiple levels of ability and lengths. Spring Fling, Winter Ride, Jamboree, Summer Ride, Sept-BEMBA, SnowFest, Open Meetings, etc. Usually meet at RB Winter, McCall Dam or Sand Bridge State Parks and picnic afterwards. Check the Facebook page for details.
Other trails within a reasonable driving distance
- Natalie Trails - just south of Elysburg - about 20 minutes from Sunbury - part just south of the village of Natalie - no on-line maps - hard to get lost once on the trails
- Rattlin Creek MTB Area in northern Dauphin County near the town of Lykens - about 35 minutes south of Sunbury: http://www.sambabiker.com/attachments/207_RattlingCreek_Map.pdf
- Allegrippis Trails near Huntingdon, PA - about an hour and a half south west of RB Winter State Park - built and designed in conjunction with the US Army Corp of Engineers: https://www.friendsofraystownlake.com/allegrippis-trails-info.html