Focus Central PA Relaunches Ambassador Program: Regional Buzz
Nov 21, 2018 07:00AM
● By Emma Eldridge
Focus Central Pennsylvania, a regional coalition of seven counties in Central Pennsylvania made up of knowledgeable economic development and community leaders, has renewed its mission to attract and support expansion of capital investment to create quality career opportunities for the families of Central Pennsylvania through the relaunch of its Ambassador Program.
The emphasis on capital investment is driven by the fact that jobs are created when capital investment is put to risk. Focus proudly promotes, to companies expanding across the world, seven contiguous counties—Centre, Mifflin, Snyder, Union, Northumberland, Montour and Columbia—that partner as a strong region in Central Pennsylvania as potential locations for investment and expansion projects.
“Our team is ready to work with you to find the perfect site for your corporate expansion,” explains Lauren Bryson, executive director of Focus Central Pennsylvania.
A key initiative to promote Central Pennsylvania to prospective investors and companies expanding is the Ambassador Program initiated in 2016 and expanded in 2018 to include 17 leaders in the region from various industries throughout the community.
“These Ambassadors are a select group of community leaders that are proud to tell investors and companies considering the region why they know Central Pennsylvania is a choice location to grow a business,” added Bryson. “Focus Central Pennsylvania appreciates the commitment from our partners, investors and Ambassadors.”
The current list of Ambassadors, who provide testimonials about the region and contribute their time to support economic growth, includes:
- Erica L. Shames, Founder & Publisher, Susquehanna Life Magazine and Susquehanna Life Custom Publishing Division
- Allie Grill, Associate Director, Career Development Center, Susquehanna University
- Philip Campbell, Center Director, Lackawanna College, Sunbury Campus
- Steven Stumbris, Director, Small Business Development Center, Bucknell University
- Tea Jay Aikey, President & CEO, Central PA Chamber of Commerce
- William P. Hayes, Chairman, President and CEO, Kish Bank and Kish Bancorp, Inc.
- Robert A. Garrett, P.E., President/CEO, Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Fred Gaffney, President, Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce
- Mike McMonigal, Supervisor for Adult & Post-Secondary Education, Mifflin County Academy of Science and Technology
- Matthew D. Eckley, LCSW, Executive Director of Operations, Eastern Division, Primary Health Network
- Bashar W. Hanna, President, Bloomsburg University
- Nick Latkovic, Plant Manager, United States Gypsum Co.
- Randy Beiler, Vice President, Pik Rite Inc.
- Shannon Munro, Executive Director, Workforce Development & Continuing Education, Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Ronn Cort, COO & President, SEKISUI Polymer Innovations, LLC
- Don Brominski, Director, Business Development, UGI Utilities, Inc.
- Joe Kantz, Business & Development Manager, North Shore Railroad
- Robert C Zimmerman Jr., President, Zimmerman’s Chrysler Dodge Jeep & Ram Truck