Cooking at Home: Jenn K’s Salmon Salad
Jun 06, 2016 01:20PM ● Published by Melanie Heisinger
By Jenn Kurian
This recipe is a favorite for the fishing crew while aboard Wild For Salmon’s 32-foot fishing vessel, the Ava Jane, while fishing for Sockeye Salmon in June and July in Bristol Bay, AK. It is quick to prepare and delicious to eat! You can enjoy it as a sandwich, wrap, atop salad greens or just eat it out of the bowl. Make it your own by adding your favorite dried fruit and nuts.
Jenn K's Salmon Salad
Try this scrumptious seafood salad on a tortilla wrap with lettuce, chips, toasted bread with a slice of melted cheese or dip into with crackers!
- 2 lb wild-caught sockeye salmon
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins, craisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of course chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Season salmon to taste with olive oil, pepper and salt, Broil skin side down for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While salmon is cooling- mix other ingredients together. Once salmon is cooled, flake salmon into a large mixing bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients.
Serve and enjoy!