Garden Plant Sale, River Cleanup and More Tomorrow
May 01, 2015 02:03PM
● By Erica Shames
The Lewisburg River Town team has had a lot going on during the past month and there’s more coming up.
- This weekend has opportunities for all sorts of river/greenway-related activities.
- And next Thursday, May 7, at 7pm, at the Downtown Partnership Office (red brick building on S 3rd St., attached to the back of Santander Bank, with its entrance opposite the post office), is the final meeting with the Managing for Sustainability students from Bucknell who have been doing their senior project on the River Town Team.
The short list of activities for this Saturday:
- Community Garden Plant Sale, 9 am to 2 pm, N. Water and St. Anthony streets
- Susquehanna River Clean Up Project, 9 am to 3 pm, Sunbury boat landing for land-based clean-up and Chillisquaque Boat Launch for water-based (with your own boat and shuttle), sign up here
- Linn Conservancy Paddle and Clean Up, 1-4:30 pm, Milton State Park, contact PaddleHappy.com to sign up
- Shade Tree Commission Tree Planting Day 2, 10 am to 4 pm, Hunt Park (along St Mary between car wash and ice rink site); there will be one final planting day scheduled for the following Saturday, same time, same place, contact Jamie.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you’re coming
Looking further ahead, mark your calendars now for the Picnic in the Park which is scheduled for Wednesday, May 27, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at Soldiers Memorial Park.