New Passport Program Headlines Stroll Through the Arts Weekend
Oct 16, 2014 01:36PM
● By Erica Shames
Stroll Through the Arts Weekend [4 Images] Click Any Image To Expand
Both the visual and the performing arts take center stage in historic downtown Lewisburg the first full weekend in November as the Lewisburg Arts Council sponsors the Fifteenth Annual Stroll Through the Arts weekend.
Friday, Nov. 7, from 6 to 10 p.m. is the Stroll Through the Arts, with more than 40 artists displaying their works in 40 shops, studios, and galleries all along five blocks of downtown Market Street that evening. The artists range from painters to potters to jewelers to photographers, and are all from the central Susquehanna Valley region.
A Silent Art Auction will be held that evening from 6 to 9 p.m. at
the Lewisburg Club, 131 Market St., in conjunction with the Stroll Through
the Arts. This year will be the 22nd
annual auction, and features work donated by the juried artists who
participated in last April’s Arts Festival.
A new feature for this year's Stroll Through the Arts is a passport program. Anyone who visits and has checked off the required number of businesses in certain blocks of downtown is eligible to enter a drawing for one of three pieces selected from the art donated by Arts Festival artists. Passports are available at any one of the participating businesses (look for the luminaria!) or the Silent Art Auction site. The drawing will happen at 9:30 at the Lewisburg Club auction site.
Saturday, Nov. 8 from 6:30 p.m. to at least midnight is Dance to the Music, with seven bands in seven venues downtown – all free! The lineup is:
- Adam Jacob, at Cherry Alley Cafe, 21 N. Third St., from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tom and Jina Rosencrans, at Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University, 400 Market St., from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Tim Latshaw, at Mercado Burrito, 520 Market St., from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Lipsmackin' Blues Band, at Brasserie Louis, 101 Market St., from 8 to 10 p.m.
- KJ Reimensnyder-Wagner, at the Temperance House, 50 N. 2nd St., from 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- Royal Benson, at the Bull Run Tap House, 605 Market St., from 9 to 11 p.m.
- PA Crude Blues Band, at the Towne Tavern, 600 Market St., from 10 p.m. to midnight
All bands are free and open to the public.
More details about the artists who will be displaying and performing both nights will be available on the Lewisburg Arts Council’s website: lewisburgartscouncil.com.